From our pioneering wine-on-tap Refill barrels to a U.K. first Bottle Return Scheme, everything we do is focused around sustainability. This is why we are delighted to reintroduce ourselves to you properly as Sustainable Wine Solutions: the wholesale evolution of Borough Wines.
The Borough Wines name isn’t going anywhere: it’s still a key part of our retail identity, with our flagship outlet in historic Borough Market and the familiar branding on refill bottles for our off-trade customers. However, as we see light at the end of the COVID tunnel, we want to swing the spotlight back onto our wholesale strengths: providing practical, sustainable wine solutions that fully embrace the circular economy. Our emails, app, newsletter, social media and LinkedIn are all transitioning to the SWS name, but all will be business as usual. ‘Sustainable Wine Solutions’ reflects our core business values and from now on, it’s the name you’ll hear most from us.
THE SWS OFFER
Sustainable Wine Solutions is the ultimate wholesale service provider of sustainable wine to the trade. Our flexible service offering includes:
- ZERO WASTE WINES: quality wine sourced from sustainably focused producers, with many vegan, organic and biodynamic options.
- WINE ON TAP: Reusable 25L and 20.5L kegs. Tap walls, freestanding tap units and full bar installation options for on and off trade venues of all sizes. We are the only wine company in the U.K. to be using reusable wine kegs – recyclable doesn’t go far enough.
- VINOTAPTM: a 10L reusable bag-in-box alternative to deliver the wine-on-tap experience in an easy set up, flexible format.
- BOTTLE RETURN SCHEME: the traditional, cork sealed bottle with a sustainable twist. Each bottle can be returned and reused up to 30 times, with a refundable deposit encouraging a continuous cycle of return.
- ZERO PACKAGING: there’s no cardboard and no plastic waste generated by our deliveries. Return Bottles are delivered in recyclable plastic crates and kegs are delivered in our customised and reused wooden pallets to stabilise them during transport.
- FULLY REVERSE LOGISTICS: we’ve contracted our own driver and vans to ensure deliveries and collections happen simultaneously. This means customers get the same friendly face for each delivery and we eliminate any ‘empty’ journeys.